”Love Like Gold” Showing in Eureka
Sat. Dec. 26 & Sun. Dec 27, 5:00pm at the Majestic Theater
If you missed the premiere of “Love Like Gold” at the Missoula Film Festival back in October....don't make the same mistake this weekend!
Our own Kier Atherton and Skye Bennett wrote, co-directed and produced this artful, deep, dark romance. Both have moved away but still have strong connections to the Valley. They tapped into the artistic talent of a lot of friends from here to create their first full-feature collaborative film. You may recognize Eureka's National Hotel, the Weydemeyer Ranch, the Rendezvous Parade, and some of the actors as you are watching the film or trailer. Kier and Skye have also worked together on a short film, “Lester Leaps,” with director, Mike Steinberg.
"'Love Like Gold' is a story of Gage (Brick Patrick) and Lola (Alexandra Henrikson). Gage, a wayward ranch hand in search of something different in his life, and Lola, a singer who wants to get away from the bad choices and hardships that have fallen on her. When these two meet they can't tell if they should trust each other to fall in love and start clean, or if there is no hope left for love and try to run away like they always have."
“Love Like Gold - everything else is just pretend.”
Tobacco Valley (T.V.) Participants in “Love Like Gold:”
- Skye Bennett - Producer, Writer, etc
- Kier Atherton - Director, Writer, etc
- Abe Quilling - Art Director
- Laffrey Witbrod - Assistant Camera and Gaffer
- Christine Quilling – T.V. Production Coordinator
- Yosha Delong & Pom Collins were both T.V. Associate Producers.
- Gary Henderson - 2nd unit camera
- Chance Cole - actor & production assistant
- David Shaffer - actor & production assistant
- Michael Atherton - musical consultant
- Locations included the National Hotel, the Weydemeyer ranch, and the Rendezvous Parade.
About the Author: Alice B Elrod is a longtime promoter, supporter and contributor to our community. I love living in this glorious valley. There are so many people here who ardently strive to help out and it's a pleasure to pitch in when I can. Writing for visitNWmontana gives me a chance to know more about our community lets me invest some creative time in getting the word out about how wonderful it is to call this place home. I also have the privilege to be involved in the community by working with the Creative Arts Council, Recycle Eureka and through my chiropractic practice, Elrod Chiropractic.